15 Dec Holiday Time in the Magic City!
There are still plenty of opportunities to get you and your loved ones in the Christmas spirit. Check out our top five picks to make your Holiday Season Merry & Bright!
1. Canadian Pacific Holiday Train. The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train hits the rails again this November, visiting over 130 communities in eight states and six provinces. In the last decade, the Holiday Train has help raise $4 million and 2 million pounds of food for local food banks.
They will be chugging on through Minot this Friday, December 16th at 7:15 p.m. Make sure to grab a nonperishable food item and come down to Main Street in front of the Christmas Tree for some great entertainment for a wonderful cause. The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train “Making a Difference One Stop at a Time”
2. Live Nativity Scene. The Live Nativity Scene will be at West Minot Church of God located at 1105 16th Street NW on Saturday, December 17th from 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. and Sunday, December 18th 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. This year there will also be a special petting area for the everyone to check out the animals. They will also be serving up free hot chocolate & coffee for visitors.
3. Minot Minotaurs Hockey. The Minot Minotauros (commonly known as the Tauros) are an American junior ice hockey team that are in their inaugural 2011-12 season. The Tauros take the ice at Maysa Arena this Friday, December 16th at 7:35 p.m. Get out and support some great hockey right here in Minot. You can check out the full schedule at their website at www.minotauroshockey.com.
4. Sertoma’s Christmas in the Park. Sertoma’s Christmas in the Park may not be in one location this year but their displays continue lighting up the community by individuals adopting everything from candy canes to penguins . Click here to find out the locations of their displays this year. Schedule a night to grab your favorite cup of hot chocolate load up the kiddos or the special someone and take a drive around the Magic City to find some amazing light displays
5. Lori Line. Lori Line will be taking the stage at the Ann Nicole Nelsen Hall on the MSU Campus on December 19th at 7:30 p.m. For ticket information please call 1-800-801-5463.
Please get out there and enjoy all that the Magic City has to offer you! For a full listing of events please see our calendar.