17 Jul North Dakota State Fair Features Nine New Foods
North Dakota State Fair Features Nine New Foods
(Minot, ND) Enjoying all of North Dakota State Fair’s Great. Big. Fun. is sure to work up an appetite! Fortunately, as any seasoned Fairgoer could tell you, there is no shortage of delicious food on the Midway and 2012 is no different. With 40 food vendors and over a hundred different food items there is sure to be something that appeals to every pallet. The North Dakota State Fair will be expanding its Food Court menu for the 2012 North Dakota State Fair held July 20-28.
This year the North Dakota State Fair has added a few new foods into the mix. Tracy Pelzer, Commercial Exhibits Director, says that the Thrill Zone area of the Fair will see two new food booths including Pork Chops on a Stick and Just Desserts. Returning and new vendors have also been encouraged to participate in the new “Food Frenzy” contest. This contest is open only to foods that have never been available at the Fair before. “This is a great new promotion that we have going on,” Pelzer said, “with several food vendors all across the grounds adding fun, new food items to their menus.”
Vendors taking part in the Food Frenzy will be judged by a panel of local celebrities. Their foods will be rated based on the foods appearance, taste, creativity and overall appeal. The winners will receive giant ribbons and bragging rights for the year.
Keep an eye out for the following Food Frenzy Participants:
- Wife’s Kitchen – Deep Fried Brownies
- Chinese Food Express – Co-Co Chicken (Chicken dipped in chocolate on a stick)
- Walleye on a Stick – Poutine (French fries or cheese curds smothered in gourmet beef gravy)
- Wesley Stevens – Deep Fried Koolaid
- Thomsens Rootbeer – Red Velvet Funnel Cake
- M & S Concessions – Italian Stallion (Fried meatballs on a stick served with marinara)
- Straight’s Concessions – Philly Corndog
- A & M Concessions – Sweet Potato Puffs & Pork Sausage Smackers