02 Jul It’s a great time to be in Minot to celebrate the Fourth of July.
It’s a great time to be in Minot to celebrate the Fourth of July.
You can begin your independence say with the Zoo Run & Walk that will start up at 6:45 am. Each participant will receive a themed t-shirt designed by a local student, and is eligible for door prizes. Every tot trot entrant will receive a prize when crossing the finish line.
You can come out to the Scandinavian Heritage Park for the Festival in the Park starting with breakfast at 8:00 am and church service followed at 9:15 am. There will be music and fun to follow.
There will also be Racing at the Nodak Speedway on the North Dakota State Fair ground at 6:00pm with all five classes racing.
You can come celebrate and honor our military on the 4th of July with a fun-filled, family day at the Dakota Territory Air Museum! The museum opens at 10:00 a.m. and is FREE to the public. Stick around for the dedication of the new Flying Legends wing and enjoy the evening’s musical entertainment featuring Voices of Freedom and dance to Minot’s ever popular Soulshine band. The evening’s event will end with the city’s patriotic fireworks display! Below is a full schedule of events.
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Museum Open House
· Static displays and flyby…s featuring the Texas Flying Legends Warbirds
· Vintage WWII military & collector vehicle displays
· Model aircraft displays & demonstrations
· Kid’s Museum Scavenger Hunt
6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Dedication Ceremony
· Honoring our Military Past & Present
· Building Dedication & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Voices of Freedom
· Concert performed by Texas-based musical group, Music Doing Good
8:15 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. – Hangar Dance
· Featuring Local Band, Soulshine
11:00 p.m. – City of Minot Fireworks Display