17 Apr Tee it up! Minot golf courses open for the season
Minot’s golf courses are gearing up for a great season. We encourage you to participate in outdoor activities like golf, as it is the perfect opportunity to socialize from a safe distance. Update your golf routine with these helpful tips and be sure to check out the courses listed below!
- Skip the cart! Carrying your golf bag is a great workout and courses offer a wide variety of terrain. Golf carts are still available and clubs are making sure to sanitize after each use.
- The courses provide generous elbow room to support the 6′ rule. If you’re golfing with your household members the space isn’t necessary but may still be a good idea.
- Gloves and masks are the perfect accessory! Be cautious of what you touch and how you dispose of these items.
- Practice your ‘golf clap’ and limit high 5’s, handshakes or fistbumps. Get creative with your celebrations on the course. May we suggest a dance break?!
- Use this time to spring clean and dust off your golf clubs! Sanitize any equipment and clean out your bag, even if it hasn’t been used since last season.
Please note that upon opening there will be modifications that allow for social distancing and following ND Department of Health and CDC guidelines in reference to COVID-19. Contact the courses directly for information on how they are adapting to these changes.
9-hole, par-44 | (701) 725-4653
Wildwood Country Club features scenic views of the Souris River. This course is open to the public, however, membership options are available.
18-hole, par-72 | (701) 852-3591
The Minot Country Club accommodates a variety of skill levels with 7 sets of tees. The 18-hole course was designed by Jim Engh, a highly acclaimed golf course architect. Check out the variety of membership rates!
18-hole, par-72 | (701) 857-4189
The Souris River runs through the course, creating unique scenery and challenging play. The course is open to the public.
9-hole, par 32 | (701) 852-5460
Apple Grove is located just outside of Minot along Highway 2 and is open to the public. This family-owned course was rebuilt in 2018 with updates to both the course and clubhouse.
18-hole, par-71 | (701) 858-0312
Vardon Golf Club is one of the most historic courses, hosting golfers since 1929. The original front 9 holes were designed by Tom Vardon, a professional golfer and course architect.
Due to COVID-19 the course is operating under new restrictions and is only allowing visitors with military installation access. Visit the Facebook page for more details.
9-hole, par-72 | (701) 723-3164
This challenging 9-hole course has alternative sets of tees for playing the front and back nine. The course is located near the Air Force Base but has a direct entrance from US Highway 83.
DYK?: Visit Minot has packages available for you to stay & play in the “Magic City’! Visit our website for details on how to book your next trip. https://visitminot.org/stayandplay/