05 May 5 Ways to Celebrate Mother's Day
FYI: There will be no handmade gifts coming home from school this year! Mother’s Day 2020 is approaching fast and quarantine measures are just beginning to lift. Explore these five special ways to celebrate mom this week.
1. Play in the dirt! Plant a tree in the backyard and get the whole family involved. Have each family member paint a rock to mark where it has been planted. A family tree is a great reminder of the precious time spent together this Mother’s Day. Gardening Stores: Lowe’s Garden Center, Walmart, or Home Depot
2. Make a statement with jewelry picked just for her. This might take some detective work to figure out her favorites! Include family birthstones in a bracelet or necklace for a personalized design. Jewelers: Rick’s Jewelry, Lien’s Jewelry, Riddle’s Jewelry, Knowles Jewelry, Kay Jewelers
3. Vintage & Homemade finds: The Foundry and The Market on 4th are favorites for lovers of new and old! Shop for clothes, home decor, vintage goods, and a variety of unique gifts. The Market on 4th is hosting sales on their Facebook page, be sure to shop on Thursday for specific Mother’s Day items! The Foundry will be open limited hours this weekend for you to shop in person.
4. Spend time outside! The sun continues to shine and it’s only getting warmer. Pack a picnic this weekend and head to the nearest park to enjoy the afternoon. Walk or bike on one of Minot’s trails for an extra dose of Vitamin D. Check out Minot Parks for trail information.
5. Rest & Relaxation! Book a spa treatment so she can relax and enjoy a little peace and quiet. Massages, facials, and other services are available through these spas: SOS Image, LOR Spa, Sone Wellness, Leilani’s Spa
And don’t forget to give mom the night off! Most restaurants are offering delivery or pickup and some are opening up with new guidelines. Local businesses are featuring family-style meals on their Facebook page. Need suggestions on where to go? Message us for some fresh ideas!