23 Oct Halloweekend 2020 🎃👻
Halloween this year may look a little different this year…but there is still lots of fun to have! So jump on your witches broom, stick in your fangs, or throw on your superhero cape and check out these spooky and creepy ways to enjoy Halloween.
The images below showcase events happening Halloween weekend in Minot, but there are several activities happening leading up to the weekend as well, so be sure to check them all out on the community calendar. The Visit Minot Calendar of events features activities for all ages and you can search for keywords like ‘Halloween’ to narrow down what you’re looking for.
As with anything, during this pandemic, all events are subject to change or cancel. Watch out calendar and Facebook page for details.
Halloween is always a fun time in the Magic City so we reached out to the First District Health Unit to gather some information on how to safely enjoy this spooky holiday during a pandemic. Here are some recommendations for those trickers and treaters.
Make trick-or-treating safer
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Give out treats outdoors, if possible.
- Set up a station with individually bagged treats for kids to take.
- Wash hands before handling treats.
- Wear a mask.
Wear a mask
- Make your cloth mask part of your costume.
- A costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask.
- Do NOT wear a costume mask over a cloth mask. It can make breathing more difficult.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing
Stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
- Indoors and outdoors, you are more likely to get or spread COVID-19 when you are in close contact with others for a long time.
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use it after touching objects or other people.
For more information on how you can safely participate in Halloween activities, check out the CDC’s guidelines here.