20 Nov Careers
We are looking for a friendly and capable Marketing Assistant to manage various marketing tasks and assist in our visitor center and gift shop. Joining our team of marketing professionals will expand your marketing knowledge and experience in a fast-paced environment.
This opportunity can be a 30 to 40-hour-a-week position.
Two years’ work experience in customer service or a role in marketing or sales.
- Detail oriented
- Problem solver
- Interact professionally
- Communicate effectively
- Familiar with social media platforms
- Prioritize tasks, work independently, and have proficient self-management
Assist in the development of marketing materials.
- Copywriting — creating content for social media platform messages, blog posts, traveling itineraries, newsletters, etc.
- Designing – work in Canva to create simple designs for welcome banners, digital marquees, social media posts, blogs, and more.
- User-Generated Content – learning photo rights database system to request photos, create boards on our website, and strategize how to gain more UGC for marketing purposes.
Updating and ensuring website and partner listings are accurate and current.
- Visitminot.org – Updating business listings, keeping content fresh, strategizing how to improve website SEO, and improving the aesthetics and functionality of various web pages.
- NDTourism.com – checking for relevancy and updating listings of our partners: attractions, events, restaurants, and more.
Gift Shop Responsibilities
- Handle money while working on a cash register.
- Ability to answer the phone, answer questions, and redirect callers.
- General support in Visit Minot Gift Shop and Visitor Center.
- Assisting guests: directions, accommodations, Minot recommendations, and general North Dakota and traveling information.
Who We Are
The local convention and visitor bureau, Visit Minot, focuses on marketing Minot and Ward County as a travel destination to national and international audiences. Visit Minot specializes in leisure, sporting events, and convention tourism. It assists local partners, meeting planners, tour operators, and individual tourist.
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential inquiries.
Reach out with any questions to Stephanie at (701) 857-8207.