There is currently ONE position(s) open at Visit Minot.
Director of Team Events and Meetings
The Director of Team Events and Meetings oversees all athletic events, tournaments, conventions, and other events for the Minot area. The goal of this position is to recruit events and meetings for the purpose of increasing sales for the entire hospitality industry in Minot. This position works directly with sports authorities, convention planning services, and hoteliers. The successful applicant must be a self-starter, motivated by achieving goals and pursuing excellence. This position reports to the CVB Executive Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for updating and maintaining our iDSS platform (CRM system) through Tempest.
- Works with Executive Director to develop a comprehensive sales plan aimed at maximizing the organizations effectiveness in sports, conventions and events.
- Attracts and retains sports, agriculture, oil, sales and other events – national, regional, state-wide, and locally.
- Identifies sales, sports and events that can be held in Minot.
- Works with the tournament committee, youth sports and other organizations todevelop sponsorships to grow.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with area hotels, venues, localofficials and sports councils, organizations and associations.
- Maintains active involvement in the community and enhances the visibility andreputation of the CVB.
- Works with community partners and organizations to promote tourism in Minot.
- Travels to trade shows; develops and delivers verbal and written presentations toclients and stakeholders; develops files on potential events.
- Prepares and presents bids to organizations to book events, when appropriate andprovides bid materials to local businesses.
- Attend and participate in monthly Minot Innkeepers Association meetings.
- Participate in Convention and Visitors Bureau online education and training.
- Stays current on other markets that may vie for the same sports and events business.
- Delivers verbal and written presentations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field OR equivalent directly related experience.
- Relevant work experience in sales, public relations, tourism, hospitality, sports, or a closelyrelated field is required.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work a flexible schedule as required. Standard Hours are 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Occasionally there are events, such as a tournament, over the weekend that will require the Director of Team Events and Meetings to attend.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidential inquiries can call – 701-857-8207