13 Aug Enjoy the Last Taste of Summer as Fall Arrives in Minot
The end of Summer may mean that the leaves start changing on the trees and potentially less sun is showing, but this time of year is only the start of some amazing things you can do in Minot.
Gather the whole family for a getaway with hundreds of locations to choose from, with fun for all ages and any size group. For those with a romantic side, take your special someone on a memorable night at some of the city’s unique dining and nightlife locations. Outdoor enthusiasts can find hiking, fishing and camping that is accompanied by changing leaves and good times. Finally, the area offers some featured events and attractions, from local favorites like the Zoo and Heritage Park to seasonal opportunities like pumpkin patches and Fall sports.
Let us guide you below on your next trip to the Magic City as the summer days wind down!
Visit Minot’s End of Summer Guide ▼
- Indulge in donuts and coffee at Bearscat Bakehouse, our neighborhood donut shop.
- Feed the giraffes and view the tigers on their large NEW catwalk at the Roosevelt Park Zoo.
- Voted North Dakota’s best sandwich shop by MSN, Lifestyle in 2021, Magic City Hoagies is the perfect spot to grab lunch to-go for a picnic in the Park.
- While lunching in the Scandinavian Heritage Park be sure to snap a photo next to the 27-foot Dala Horse and the full-size replica of the Gol Stave Church. This Park is 14-acres, beautiful and FREE.
- Cool off at the Roosevelt Park Pool, a local favorite to beat the summer heat. Jump into High Air Ground, Minot’s exclusive trampoline park, tee off at Wee Links Golf Course (just for kids), or head over to Lucy’s Amusement Park, where the fun never ends with a challenging miniature golf course, rides, and more.
- Taste the fresh flavors of Prairie Sky Breads when you indulge in a scone, smoothie, or specialty breakfast sandwich. Breads are made daily, and menus are created weekly.
- Wander around downtown Minot where you can find shopping, antiques, books, historical architecture, and more. There are over 20 unique street art sites too.
- Relax with cold beverages and a cool view on High Third’s outdoor patio. High Third is a new gastropub-a hybrid pub, bar, and restaurant in the city center.
- Show off your competitive side at the Escape Room (by appointment only), or our indoor mini-golf course at the Putt District.
- Your last stop on date night is a reservation for fine dining at 10 North Main for a dreamy dinner date for steaks, fresh seafood, wine, and ambiance with that special someone; or, head up to Primo, one of only two North Dakota restaurants to make their pasta from scratch.
- Rise and shine in a local’s favorite, With Room Coffee for a quick bite and boost of caffeine. With Room Coffee offers specialty drinks, a “good vibe” atmosphere, and house plants.
- Great for all skill levels, the Bison Plant Trail is a 2.3-mile looped trail just a few miles south of Minot.
- Hungry for a beer…? Atypical will satisfy your soul. Atypical Brewery & Barrelworks focuses on barrel-aged sour ales and unique beers. Keep an eye out for a local food truck too, as they are “typically” hanging out near Atypical.
- Brand NEW in Minot: Up your Axe, Axe Throwing & Bar will fulfill your thrill with ax throwing and beverages, opening in September.
- For the best views in town, scotch eggs, a filet, and premier cocktails head to Elevation. Sit right on the elite Minot Country Club golf course for fine dining, exceptional cocktails, and beautiful views!